8 Out of 10 Illegals Never Prosecuted OR Get Deported for Breaking the Law

Posted: April 8, 2011 in Uncategorized

Minuteman PAC

Eight Out of Ten Illegal Aliens Never Prosecuted

Fellow Patriot,
According to the figures compiled by a border Congressman, John Culberson (R-TX), an illegal alien apprehended by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency during the last fiscal year had an estimate 84% chance of never being prosecuted, let alone deported back to Mexico!
Of 447,731 illegal aliens apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol during fiscal year 2010, only 73,263 (16.4%) were prosecuted.
In other words, 374,468 illegal aliens that were taken into custody – a whopping 83.6% – where never prosecuted!
CBP divides the almost 2,000 mile-long U.S.-Mexico border into nine sectors: San Diego, El Centro, Yuma, Tucson, El Paso, Marfa, Del Rio, Laredo, and Rio Grande.
In Arizona’s Tucson sector, where most of the 212,202 apprehensions took place in 2010, only 30,749 (14.5%) led to prosecutions.
At the subcommittee on homeland security hearing, Culberson stated that the lax enforcement of our immigration laws is so bad that those not prosecuted “had a chance of being home in time for dinner,” after being held in custody for only a few hours.
And sadly, he isn’t exaggerating.
In addition to securing the U.S.-Mexico border, Rep. Culberson is pushing for Operation Streamline to go into effect immediately and to be applied to the entire southwest border.
Under Operation Streamline, the prosecution and deportations of illegal immigrants crossing the border will be fast-tracked.
According to Customs and Border Protection, violators face punishment of up to 180 days in jail and deportation procedures are initiated to formally remove the individual once they complete their jail sentence.
Rep. Culberson maintains that the only consequence “that really has an impact is the criminal prosecution.”

Citizens, we have to demand that 100% of all detained illegal border-crosses be charged as criminals and deported back to Mexico without exception.
By demanding that Operation Streamline go into effect along the entire southwest border, we can have 100% of all detained illegal border-crossers from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf Coast sent back to Mexico rather than given freedom in the U.S. to wreak havoc on our economy and our communities.
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has repeatedly declared that the U.S.-Mexico border is under control and along with it the number of illegal border crossings. We can only guess that Secretary Napolitano is only looking at the roughly 15% of illegal immigrants detained AND prosecuted rather than the big picture – the other 85%!
Testifying before the House Homeland Security Committee told lawmakers on Feb. 9 that her “top priority in terms of effective control is the Tucson sector of the southwest border.” What about the remaining 2,000 miles?
We want Operation Streamline applied to the ENTIRE southwest border.
But to do so, we MUST have Washington on our side beginning with our Senators and Representatives. With your help, Minuteman PAC can begin contacting every single legislator and you can too!

As you well know, Minuteman PAC is an independent Political Action Committee of the Minuteman civilian border security movement, supported by many volunteers of the nation’s oldest, largest and most-effective citizen’s border vigilance group, the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.
Our mission is clear: Help elect candidates who carry out their constitutional duty to defend our borders and oust those who do not.
Meanwhile, your special gift of $35, $60, $100, or more will give us the financial ammunition we need to:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s